Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Comment on your first blog

Whow! Alot of you have really been travelling the world. You did an excellent job on the first blog. I do want to hear from the rest of you though. Don't forget to take a look-see at what everyone has posted. It is SO interesting the observations that some of you have made about these foreign cities and foreign countries and the prices of things.

I spent the summer in Greece and fell in LOVE with the islands. There were so many interesting places (Paradise Beach Mykonos - for those of you who have been there - you know what I mean) but the MOST interesting place was seeing the Caldera in Santorini.
The ocean is as blue as the picture. The Caldera is the edge of a volcano. The cliff where this church is located must be about 1000 feet off the water. The houses are built right on the cliff. Just beautiful. 
I didn't find the prices much different than in Canada - clothing costs were similar as were food costs. Probably because everywhere we went was for tourists.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that scenery looks amazing!! I would love to travel to Greece one day and see it for myself. Vietnam had many beautiful mountain sceneries and the sky was delightfully mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last summer, I went to the United States. I visited a few cities. The city of Beaumont is my favorite one. The most interesting thing is that I saw many seagulls flying around the ship and try to share the food with me. This is the first time I saw so many seagulls close to me. I was so excited.
    I bought some shirts and shoes which are only half or one third price comparing with buying the same things in Calgary. The food price, beer price, the tuition fee and even the house price are less than in Calgary. If you rent an apartment in Beaumont you only pay less than half price as in Calgary. I think it would be less expensive to live in Beaumont than in Calgary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to talk about my home town Krasnodar, Russia.
    2. it’s located in the South of Russia by the Black Sea (not too far from Sochi where the next Olympic games are going to be) - very beautiful and amazing place! So many things to do, so many places to go 24/7- no limits, all you would need is your energy!
    3. I would say that the prices are the same comparing to the salaries: they might be bit smaller but the prices are cheaper as well. Moscow, on the other hand, is very expensive, specially clothing. Some popular brands such as “Gap” or “Guess” are 2 sometimes 3 times more expensive then it is in Canada.
    4. Both of the cities are pretty much the same affordable, livable and enjoyable)))

    ReplyDelete